Sunday, March 3, 2013

Guilty Ambition

This school year has been agonizing.  My son and my daughter have suffered terribly.  Both have experienced extreme stress and emotional issues at school.  I have asked myself so many times if I am to blame for their issues?  If only I was home more and more attentive rather than in class or working on schoolwork, I would have prevented all the pain they have experienced.  It really is difficult to feel so guilty about your children and think you should have done a better job at protecting them.  I logical understand that sometimes, kids have rough times and even if I was home 24/7 I might not have been able to prevent the problems.  That information is small consolation when my children are having such a tough time.  I think sometimes about quitting school until the kids are completely through school but then I know I will not finish.  Would it help anyway?  Who knows?  I know I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment