Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thoughts..

I've really been struggling with my decision to be a doc student lately.

Especially since a conversation I had last week.  I was approached by a colleague (site and name will not be revealed), that, in short story format, wondered if I was working towards a "fake" doctorate since it wasn't a Ph.D.  I calmly attempted to explain the types of programs my university offers, including the different types of doctoral degrees:  my university offers Ph.D.s, M.D.s, Psy.D.s, and Ed.D.s.  Each form of these doctoral degrees have purpose within their own fields, each are terminal degrees.

So, I'm thinking--I'm I really busting my butt, going without sleep, giving up on fun things like ice cream and TV ;) for a degree people will see as "fake?"  Or not good enough?  Cause, really, I don't need something else on my plate telling me I'm not good enough.  People do that, to my many different hats, often enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment